Staff Writer: Jamie SilverstoneThe Resistance / Protest
February 11, 2014 will live in infamy as thousands upon millions of activists and regular people stood up against the mass surveillance state.
Here are the numbers:
- People saw the banner Over 24 million Americans and 13 million non-Americans saw The Day We Fight Back banner on Tuesday.
- Emails sent 185,000 Americans registered to send over 555,000 emails, two each to their two Senators and one to their Representative.
- Calls completed The total number of completed calls reached 89,000 and another 7,000 calls went uncompleted because some legislators turned off their voicemail inboxes.
- Signatures 245,000 people internationally signed the necessaryandproportionate.org petition to demand privacy as a human right. Another 56,000 joined petitions on causes.com and change.org.
- Facebook shares This just the number of times the website itself was shared on Facebook.
- Tweets This is just the number of times the thedaywefightback.org was shared on Twitter. #StopSpying and #StopTheNSA were trending on Twitter during the afternoon.
- Homepage visitors The banner, social media and at least 6,000 websites drove over 1 million unique visitors to the homepage.
Anyone can be The Resistance. Join the cause. Let's put the world back together again.